Recommended highland tours of Fort William and Lochaber
Our top day touring reocmmendations - day tours of the Scottish highlands from Fort William
1. Loch Ness and Inverness, via Urquhart Castel – optional return via Aviemore and Monarch Country.
2. Fort William and Glencoe – Scotland’s greatest and most spectacular glen.
3. Ardnamurchan – cross south of Fort William on the Corran Ferry and explore an outstandingly beautiful area.
4. Oban and Lorn – a wee bit longer but a superb and easy day trip – go via Appin, return via Dalmally and Glencoe.
5. The Road to the Isles, Mallaig and Bonnie Prince Charlie (jacobite) Country – a must do.
6. The Isles of Skye, Rum, Eigg and Muck – an hour from the hotel takes you to ferries and very special day pleasure cruises, with whale watching a feature.
7. The Jacobite Railway (in season) – a glorious steam train journey recently immortalised with Harry potter.
8. The West Highland Line (all year round) – to Oban, to Rannoch, to Glenfinnan Viaduct and Mallaig – one of the world’s greatest railway journeys.
9. Kintail, Lochalsh and Plockton – this is a very spectacular trip via Invergarry past Cluanie to the 5 Sisters, Eilean Donan castle and the beautiful palm tree clad village of Plockton.
10. Laggan and Monarch Country – nice and easy – enjoy all the special atmosphere of the famous TV programme.